rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Friday, January 23, 2009

Games people play.....!

In conversation with a friend in the railway compartment we asked each other how typical some people can be. That was the beginning of our conversation where we exchanged look of disgust and helplessness. It's always an interesting journey in the local trains of Mumbai. It's like an icing on the cake when you end up in the ladies compartment. You dare push the damsels or they will teach you all the bad words in theirmother tongue. You dare touch their hair and they will pull your hair back. Some are deadly and some are born perpetrators. A sophistication of a different kind that can be practised only in the vicinity of the train compartment.My new found friend and I asked the two ladies to make place for us for we could see the luggage occupy the seats.As always they ignored our kind request and in turn remarked 'You can sit on our lap if you want'.We both could have got into a tiff with those bumpkins but the end result would be nothing less than an exchange of false words and an impending bad day to come.Some people are just the way they are, you cannot break their mould.
Then there are times when there are people to remind you of your rights.I was travelling in a crowded bus with my one leg dangling and the other trying to overcome the gravitational pull.Hunting for a seat with my rovering eyes i realised that an old man had occupied one of the ladies' reserved seats.I did see him seize my rightful comfort seat but then on a second thought he deserved to sit there considering his age and might have used the seat seeing no lady was around.I remained standing there but was later reminded by a man that the seat belongs to me.The old man heard it and got up without any questioning.I felt guilty but still occupied the seat considering it was a right bestowed on me.
It's how we question others and then question ourselves.That's how games people play.............. !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God!!! That was a tough decision to make, to ignore those rude bumpkins!!! Takes a lot of patience and cool. :)